This is another idea that I saw somewhere – Pinterest I think, but I just can’t remember exactly where it was!! Anyway I thought it was a great idea – and I’m very sorry for not crediting it’s original source.
I’ve decided to use a lovely Nigella Lawson recipe for the brownies (which I altered ever so slightly for the thermomix), so if you’re on any form of diet – look away now!!
|A quick trip to woolies for the ingredients with two very enthusiastic little helpers!|
- Set the oven to preheat at 160 degrees (NOT 180 degrees as I did without thinking and then had to wait for it to cool a bit).
- Line a 20cm baking tin with baking paper.
- Chop the butter and chocolate for 5 seconds on speed 5. Scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- Melt the chocolate and butter for 2 mins at 60 degrees on speed 1. Don’t worry if there are still bits of solid chocolate in there – as Nigella says “there is nothing better than finding a sneaky lump of chocolate in your brownie”.
- Add the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence and mix if 5 seconds on speed 4.
- Add the flour and cocoa and mix again for 5 seconds on speed 4.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the tin (trying not to eat it in the process).
- Finally get your ‘enthusiastic’ helper to sort out all the Smarites into traffic light colours ready to decorate! Bonus points if they can tell you what the colours mean!!
- Pop your beautiful brownie tray into the oven and bake it for 50mins. Nigella says to take them out the oven 10 minutes early if you want your brownies to be a little bit gooey in the middle. Which we did and they were DELICIOUS!!
|The green Smarties seemed to turn yellow in the over – but no one seemed to notice!!|
- Once cooled, cut up and serve (and again try not to eat them all at once).