My bones are cold. There’s an icy wind blowing through Sydney today and although I have the heater on, I can’t seem to warm up. I don’t know how I ever managed to live in England!!!!
The only thing that’s going to help today is a bowl of lovely warm soup, so I’ve just whipped some up for lunch. It’s so delicious that I’ve decided you should all have some too.
Here’s the recipe.
- 1 brown onion
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 100g sweet potato (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 50g dried apricots
- 350g potatoes (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 100g tinned lentils
- 1 tbs vegetable stock paste
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 700g water
- A splash of lemon juice
- pinch of black pepper
- cream for serving
- Add the onion and chop for 5 seconds on speed 5.
- Add the olive oil and saute the onion for 3 minutes on speed 1
- Add all the potatoes and the apricots and chop for 10 seconds on speed 7-8.
- Add all the other ingredients and cook for 15 minutes on speed 1 at 100 degrees.
- Whizz for 30 seconds on speed 9.
- Serve with swirl of cream and some fresh bread.
- Enjoy x
What’s keeping you warm this winter?