Last Saturday night, while the boys went off to the city to watch the Waratahs play footy, the girls and I went over to a friends house for dinner. My job was to bring the dessert (and wine of course).
We’d had such a busy day that I needed to make something that wasn’t going to take forever, and that both the kids and the grown ups would enjoy. Hollie had been asking me for Nutella ALL day as usually we only have it on our Saturday morning pancakes, but that morning I’d run out. Her whinging gave me an idea though, so I dashed up to the local shop for some Nutella supplies.
I threw this (pretty basic) cheesecake together is about 10 minutes and then crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. Luckily for me (and everyone else) it was DELICIOUS.
I think it might be my new ‘go to’ dessert for when I have very little time to make something…….. and everyone loves nutella right??
- 1 packet (250g) McVites digestive biscuits
- 75g butter (cubed)
- 1 jar (400g) Nutella
- 100g nuts (I used almonds, but you could use whatever you choose)
- 500g cream cheese (I used the light version)
- 60g icing sugar
- chopped nuts/desiccated coconut/grated chocolate (for decorating)
- Add the biscuits, butter and 1 tbs of nutella into the thermomix bowl. Mix on speed 6 for 10-15 seconds until it starts to resemble crumbs.
- Add the nuts and blitz on turbo for 5 seconds until the mixtures resembles damp sand.
- Lightly butter a spring tin (I used baking paper in flan dish as I my spring tin was broken).
- Press the crumb mixture into the base on the tin until it is compact and firm. Pop it in the fridge.
- Beat the cream cheese and icing sugar together on speed 6 for about 15 seconds until it is light and creamy.
- Add the remainder of the nutella to the bowl and beat for a further 20 seconds. Scrape down the sides and repeat if necessary.
- Spread the chocolaty mixture over the biscuit base and finish off by sprinkling top with the nuts/coconut or grated chocolate.
- Cover with cling film and pop it in the freezer for 2 hours. Move it to the fridge until you are ready to enjoy it.
Do you have a favourite ‘go to’ dessert when you’re asked to bring one for a dinner party or BBQ?
Ha! We make the exact same cheesecake and it’s a winner every time! Who doesn’t love Nutella? If we’re after a chocolate fix, I’ll always take the Nutella Cheesecake or a Toblerone Cheesecake which always goes down a treat!
Great minds Sammie!! Now a Toblerone one sounds awesome, not I’m going to be thinking of that all afternoon!!
What a great idea! That’s bound to be a winner with everyone!!
I think so too!! It’s so yummy and too easy to whip up x
Oh my goodness Robyn! This looks incredible! Two of my favourite things… Nutella and cheesecake. Thank you!
Glad I could help, although I am sure you some equally fabulous recipes of your own that involve those two things :)))
Oh. Myyyyy. God. YUM. Pinning right now!
It’s SOOOOOO good. Thanks for pinning too :))
What size pan is this please?
Para elaborar la mejor guía de este tipo de producto, hemos equiparado y contrastado más
de treinta modelos de robots de cocina y elegido los mejores.
This is seriously the best cheesecake ever! Made it twice and my husband can’t get enough. My guests always go for seconds thank you for sharing