Becoming a dairy free household has not been the easiest conversion. I mean coffee without milk is like drinking gin without tonic!! Almond milk is growing on me, I’ll admit, but I’m still not loving it. The hardest part of all is not being about to eat CHOCOLATE!!
Giving it up is great for my waistline but not for my sanity!! The kids have struggled too, and were NOT impressed with the 90% dark chocolate I tried to give them. “It’s YUCKY” Lexi tells me. I didn’t have much choice but to make my own chocolate.
gThis recipe is DELICIOUS!! It has to be kept in the freezer at all times, so it’s not the best thing to pack as a snack to take out, but oh my goodness, it tastes amazing. It’s melt in your mouth soft and creamy and even got the thumbs up from Mr D.
- 60g raw cashews
- 60g raw macadamias
- 30g good quality cacao
- 120g coconut oil
- 60g coconut cream (that's been stored in the fridge)
- 60g maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Add the nuts to the TM bowl and mix on speed 8 for 10 seconds. Scrape down the sides and repeat until smooth.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix on speed 6 for 10 seconds. Scrape down the sides and repeat.
- Mix again on speed 3 for 15 seconds.
- Scrape down the side and spoon into silicone moulds. I used heart shaped ones I bought in ikea.
- Pop in the freezer for a few hours until firm.
- Pop them out of their moulds and put them into a air tight container.
- Store in the freezer.
- Enjoy x
Buy some fun silicone moulds and stock up on it. Late night snacks have never been so yummy!!
Do you have any healthy, dairy free chocolate recipes you could share with me?
Looks like a yum recipe but definitely not sugar free!