I’ve been baking again. It’s become a real procrastination habit of late. Whenever there is something on my to-do list that is not floating my boat, I seem to find myself busy in the kitchen. It’s not great for getting through my list, but it sure does make the kids happy. I even over heard Hollie tell one of her friends the other day “that my mum is the best baker!” God love her!!
Anyway, these muffins are pretty yummy and they’re just small enough that I don’t feel too bad about giving the kids something naughty in their lunch boxes. Luckily they’re also quick and easy to make because they never seem to last long.
Double choc chip mini lunch box muffins
Full of chocolatey deliciousness and the perfect size for a lunch box treat (or two).
Author: Robyn (Mrs D plus 3)
Recipe type: Thermomix
- 125g butter
- 100g sugar
- 230g milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 40g cocoa powder
- 60g milk chocolate chips
- 60g white chocolate chips
- 20g chocolate chips for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Add the butter, sugar and vanilla to the bowl and cream together on speed 4 for 15 seconds. Scrape down the sides and repeat a few times, until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix on speed 4 for 10 seconds each.
- Add the milk and cocoa powder and mix together on speed 5 for 10 seconds.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix on speed 4 for 30 seconds until the mixture is well combined.
- Add the milk and white chocolate chips and mix on REVERE speed 3 for 10 seconds.
- Spoon the mixture into mini muffin cups (I use silicone ones) and pop into the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Take them out when they are well risen and slightly hard on top.
- Allow to cool before eating.
- Enjoy x
Best eaten fresh, although they can easily be stored in the freezer and eaten at a later date.
It’s delicious little beauties like these that make me love my thermomix (although if you don’t have one, I am pretty sure they are just as easy to make and definitely just as yummy).
Yum! Double chocolate what could be better?!
No much in my book. Chocolate rules the world, hahaha!!
How much baking powder is needed as none is stated in the ingredients but is needed in step 5.
I added 1tsp hoping that is enough.
Fantastic recipes on your blog!
How much Baking Powder?? its not listed in ingredients
Sorry guys, I forgot to add the baking powder. I will adjust the recipe right now. Thanks for letting me know, and 1 tsp is perfect! xx
These were a huge hit amoungst my family.
Will be making them again.