This is a firm favourite in our house and one of the few dishes that the kids will actually ask for seconds. It’s also one of the dishes that I am guilty of finishing off their leftovers as well as eating my own. Not a habit I would recommend if you’re watching your waistline!
I always add veggies because my kids (especially the toddler) are not very good at eating them on their own. I might get away with a couple of carrot or cucumber sticks but that’s it!! I find that zucchini is the easiest to hide because it you peel it first before grating they can’t see the green as it just blends in. I only had carrot in the fridge today, but you could use whatever veggies you like in this.
The best part about this cheesy, tuna pasta bake is that is QUICK and easy to make, even without a thermomix.
- 300g pasta (I used penne)
- 2 carrots (or any other veg you feel like. Zucchini and sweetcorn work well).
- 100g cheddar cheese
- 50g parmesan cheese
- 40g plain flour
- 40g butter
- 450g milk
- 2 cans tuna (approx. 400g)
- 1 tsp mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Weight out the dry pasta in the thermomix and then cook it as you would normally do it on a stove.
- Add both the cheeses to the thermomix bowl and grate fro 10 seconds on speed 6/7. Set aside.
- Add the carrot (or other veg) and finely grate on speed ⅚ for 5 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the milk, butter, flour and salt and pepper to the bowl and cook for 5 minutes on 100 degrees at speed 4.
- Add ¾ cheese and the mustard and cook for a further 3 minutes on 100 degrees, speed 4.
- Drain the pasta and add it to an over proof bowl with the (drained) tuna and veggies.
- Pour in the sauce and mix it all together.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese over the top and bake for approx. 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and stating to turn golden.
- Enjoy x
Hope you enjoy it.