I’ve been making this fish pie for years and always goes down well with the family. I saw it once on Jamie Oliver’s Naked Chef TV show and it’s been a firm favourite ever since. I do use my thermomix to cook the fish, but really there is no need to have one for this recipe. Before I got my thermie I just used to steam the fish on my stove top. Simples.
I buy prawns that are already marinated in garlic, just because I’m lazy, but you could always do it yourself. I love this recipe for summer dinners as it’s pretty easy to whip up and it’s super light and healthy. Also who doesn’t love prawns???
- 300g milk
- 150g water
- ½ lemon
- 1 tbs veggie stock paste
- 300g garlic prawns
- 2 x salmon fillets (no bones)
- (or 600g whatever seafood you like)
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 4 eggs
- 2 large tomatoes
- 4 large potatoes.
- 100g grated cheese
- Add the milk, water and stock paste to the thermomix.
- Add the seafood into the basket and squeeze the lemon over the top.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes on varoma speed 4.
- While the fish is cooking, put the eggs on to boil for 10 minutes (or until they are hard boiled). Set aside to cool.
- Peel and boil the potatoes for approx 12-15 minutes until they are ¾ cooked. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Grate the zucchini and carrot and put it into a oven proof dish.
- Grate the cheese and add half to the dish.
- Chop the tomatoes into small pieces and add to the dish.
- Peel and chop the eggs and add them to the dish.
- Add the cooked fish to the dish.
- Mix everything together.
- Thinly slice the potatoes and lay them on top of the mix and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the potatoes turn slightly golden.
- Service on it's own or with a garden salad.
- Enjoy. x
So there you have it. Pop it on next weeks dinner menu.
What’s your favourite summer dish?
Oh Robyn, that looks tasty – a shame my family is against fish 🙁
Haha, my kids are against everything when I first tell them what it is, but I’m really mean – eat it or starve. They eventually succumb xx
Oh Robyn – you totally had me at Jamie Oliver. I love that guy! This pie looks amazing. Perfect for a hot summer night! Thanks so much for linking up with our Fabulous Foodie Fridays party! xx
Yep, who doesn’t like prawns. A simple pie using said prawns…whats not to love. Thanks for the recipe Mrs D.
Looks delicious. I’ve always been a bit scared of making fish pie but I might give this a go!
Making now smells amazing. Do I pour water/milk/stock into dish also after steaming seafood or toss? Thanks
Hi Rach did you find an answer to his??