To have received three of these ‘recognition’ awards in such a short space of ‘blogging’ time is really quite an honour! This one is especially cool for me as it comes from the truly fabulous Seana Smith.
(You can see my other two awards here and here).
Seana’s book “Sydney for under 5’s” was my absolute bible when we first moved here two and half years ago. I seriously didn’t leave the house without it. At the time I had no idea who Seana was and I didn’t know the first thing about blogging either. So when I started delving into the world of blogging about 8 or 9 months ago I was so excited to find that Seana had an awesome blog called Sydney kids, food and travel. I was even more excited when I first met Seana…..on the beach, in my swimmers, about to swim from Palm Beach to Whale Beach, in the rain!!!! I think I was actually a little bit star struck!! You can read all about that swim here.
Each Liebster Award I have received has had slightly different ‘rules’ – all variations of the same sort of thing, but for this one I will stick to Seana’s rules.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 interview questions given by the person who nominated you.
- Create 11 new interview questions
- Nominate 11 lovely bloggers and pass on the Liebster Award to them.
- Don’t forget to let everybody know!!
- I hate roller coaster rides! I know I know they’re supposed to be so much fun, but I hate heights, and going upside down and twisty-turny and any kind of free falling at speed!! My poor kids, the only thing I’ll be any good at taking them on is the tea cup rides.
- Apparently I grind my teeth in my sleep?? How am I supposed to stop if I don’t even know I’m doing it??
- I almost swallowed my engagement ring! Mr D dropped it into a glass of champers before proposing and I didn’t notice until I almost chocked on it!
- I met Brad Pitt whilst wearing my pyjamas!!
- I’ve moved countries twice in my life. The first time from South Africa to England and the second, from England to Australia.
- I put moisturiser on my feet every after every shower – a weird habit that my mum passed on to me (I wonder if my sister does it too??)
- I wish I spoke more than one language.
- I’m a very nervous driver and I’m not very good at it either. I would far rather be in the passenger seat any day.
- The very first live concert I ever went to was Bon Jovi in London – and it was awesome!
- I once had my ‘fortune’ told by an elderly German lady in a night time market in the middle of India, and everything she said has so far come true.
- When was the last time you felt proud of yourself? Actually, quite recently. Last week we were granted our Permanent Right to reside in Australia. It’s such a great feeling and I’m really proud of both me and my whole family for how well we’ve coped and settled in to a completely new county. There has been lots of ups and downs and some really tough times, but on the whole we’ve made it work and are happy.
- What’s your answer to the obesity crisis? Don’t eat so much!! Just kidding, I promise! I think the real answer is education, education , education. The more we can teach our kids about healthy eating and the right choices, the less likely they are to fall into the ‘obesity’ statistic.
- Have you read any great fiction recently? I very rarely get a chance to read anymore and when I do, it’s usually other blogs!! I have just recently read ‘Not Quite Nigella’, which is kind of fiction I guess. It’s the memoirs of Lorraine Elliot, who writes the incredibly successful blog Not Quite Nigella . I really enjoyed it and read it from start to finish in less than a week, which is a miracle for me.
- If the queen came to tea what would you serve her? Oooh good question. I have no idea – I think I would be such a nervous wreck that I would probably set fire to the kitchen beforehand!! I think it would have to be a real traditional buttermilk scone with homemade strawberry jam and fresh clotted cream.
- Where would you like to travel with your kids? Everywhere!! I would love to take them to as many different places as possible. I think our first big trip would have to be back to England though as Master J still remembers everything so clearly (even though he was only 4 when we left), that I really think he needs to go back to get some closure.
- Are you scared of spiders? Sharks? Yes and yes! Although I am so much better on the spider front than I used to be. Judge for yourself here.
- Did you study hard at school? I did (I think).
- Have you cyberstalked your first love? Of course!! – doesn’t everyone??
- Cats – for or against them? I love cats. I’m definitely more of a cat than a dog person. I found our first cat in a pet shop and I REALLY REALLY wanted to take it home but Mr D wouldn’t let me. Then he went on a week long business trip to the states and she ‘accidentally’ came to live with us. Funny thing was – she became his cat!!
- Has blogging improved your life? Without sounding cheesy – YES!
- Where will it all end up? Hahaha, well we could be here a while with this one! In an idea world I can only hope that I manage to raise three fabulous children without damaging my sanity or theirs!
- When was the last time you had a day off? What did you do?
- Are a glass half full or a glass half empty kind of person?
- Where would you like to go on your next date night?
- What TV series are you currently into? I need some ideas of what to download next as we’ve just come to the end of one.
- If you had the choice would you go for a perfect house in a not so perfect location – or would you sacrifice on the house for the location?
- Are you a tea or a coffee drinker?
- What phone app could you absolutely not live without?
- Where is the best place you’ve taken the kids on holiday and why?
- What is your view on gay marriage? Should Australia just ‘get with the program’ and make it legal or do you think otherwise?
- What is your favourite Australian wine? (I’m fishing for recommendations again folks).
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
Amanda from Cooker and A Looker
Francesca from Francesca Writes Here
Karen from Yellow Dandy Dreams
Aleney from BOY EATS WORLD
Naomi from (Not) Just a Mummy
Matt from Dad Down Under
Emily from HAVE A LAUGH ON ME
Zanni Louise from My Little Sunshine House
Jess from My Heart..Your Home
Josefa from Always Josefa
Amanda from My Little Table Designs
Thanks so much Robyn – smiling from ear to ear to have made your list. I have a couple of blog posts in planning at the moment, so I’ll get to my reply as soon as I can 🙂
Absolutely pleasure – I love following your blog!! No rush on the answers but it will be cool to read them. Hope you’re having a great week xxx
Pleasure!! And oh my gosh don’t rush at all!! It took me three months to get my reply done for Seana. Have a great weekend xx
Robyn, I suffer from severe motion sickness and roller coaster rides are my nemesis. And I once tried to crack on to Brad Pitt before he was famous. We clearly need to be friends : ) #FYBF
Hahaha absolutely – a person after my own heart xx
Love your answers, now I need to know more about Brad Pitt AND the pyjamas, and also about the almost-swallowed wedding ring. Love your answers to my questions.
Here’s to more blogging and to swimming in the ocean again soon, well, not too soon… in the summer!
Haha, glad you liked my answers!! Perhaps I should blog the Brad Pitt incident?? I am super impressed that you got into the water on the weekend. It looks so beautiful but I’m way to much of a wimp when it comes to the cold xx