This recipe is originally from Nigella, so you know it’s going to be a good one right. I saw it here the other day when I was reading the Daily Mail online (yes, I still read the British papers). It looked too good not to try, especially as my family are HUGE mac and cheese fans.
I tweaked it a little and added bacon and it was seriously the BEST mac and cheese ever. This recipe is going to become a staple in my meal planning for sure. I hope you enjoy it too.
- 650g sweet potato
- 350g penne pasta
- 75g feta
- 125g mature cheddar
- 6 slices bacon
- 500g milk
- 50g flour
- 50g butter
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Weigh out the penne and put it in a pot of boiling water on the stove. Cook as per packet instructions until cooked through, but still with a little bit of bite to it.
- Peel and roughly chop the sweet potato
- Add it to the TM bowl and chop on speed 7 for 10 seconds. Pour into the varoma basket.
- Fill TM bowl half way up with water. Attach the varoma to the top and steam the sweet potatoes for 18 minutes on varoma temperature, speed 4.
- While the pasta and potatoes are cooking, fry the bacon and set it aside to cool. Once cooled, chop it into bite sized chunks.
- Once the potatoes are ready, tip them into a large oven proof dish and roughly mash them with a fork.
- Turn the oven on to 180 degrees.
- Add the milk, flour, paprika and butter to the TM bowl and cook for 7 minutes at 90 degrees, speed 4.
- Sprinkle the bacon, feta and hot cooked pasta over the sweet potato and give it a good mix.
- Add ¾ grated cheese and mix again.
- Pour the white sauce over the dish and give it a good mix through.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese and a sprinkle of paprika to the top and put it in the oven for approx. 10-15 minutes or until the top is a golden brown colour.
- Serve on it's own or with a fresh salad.
- Enjoy X
What’s your favourite every day dinner?
Mac and Cheese too?