I was in Aldi the other day and they had frozen prawns on special offer. I LOVE prawns, so I stocked up and bought 4 bags to chuck in the freezer. Luckily we all love prawns in our house (apart from Mr D, but we’re converting him slowly).
So, as we have a freezer full of prawns, it’s prawns on the menu at the moment. I made this absolutely delicious curry last night and the best thing about it, was that it took less that half and hour to whip up. PERFECT for a Monday with late afternoon swimming lessons and starving children!!
I used a korma curry paste because that was what I had in the fridge, but I’m pretty sure any curry paste will do the job. I know that thai green curry goes beautifully with prawns too.
- 1 onion (peeled and quartered)
- 1tbs coconut oil
- 1tsp fresh ginger
- 1tsp curry paste (I used korma paste but a thai green curry paste works well too)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin coconut cream
- 500g fresh or frozen peeled prawns
- 250g chopped broccoli
- Add the onion to the TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 6.
- Add the coconut oil and saute for 3 mins at 100 degrees speed 1.
- Add the ginger, the prawns and the curry paste and mix on REVERSE speed 2 for 3 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and coconut milk and cook for 8 minutes at 100 degrees on REVERSE speed soft (wooden spoon).
- Add the broccoli and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with fragrant coconut rice.
So do you have any good prawn recipes you can share with me?? I have 4 1kg bags in my freezer.