Healthy no bake slices are the BEST, especially if (like me) you get sudden chocolate cravings at night and really don’t want to tuck into the kids lollie bags which are stashed at the back of the fridge.
This thermomix hedgehog slice is one of my favourites because it literally takes 10 minutes to make. Ok, so it takes a bit of time to set, but I find that I can still enjoy it after only half an hour in the freezer. I don’t mind the chocolate being a little soft on top.
If you use dark chocolate then you can definitely call this a HEALTHY slice which makes it pretty much guilt free in my books. The kids are not so keen on the dark chocolate so I’ve substituted it with milk chocolate and they LOVE IT.
- 300g nuts (I use walnuts and almonds)
- 170g dates (pitted and soaked in boiling water for 15 mins)
- 4 tbs honey
- 50g cocoa
- 80g desiccated coconut
- 250g rice bubbles
- 4 heaped tbs melted coconut oil
- 2 blocks of dark chocolate (I use Lindt 70%)
- Place the nuts and dates in the TM bowl and pulse a couple of times until everything is chopped to a chunky consistency (not too fine).
- Add the honey, cocoa, coconut and rice bubbles and mix on reverse speed 3 for 15-20 seconds until everything is well combined.
- Line a slice tray with baking paper
- On the stove top add the coconut oil to a pot and melt on a low heat.
- Once melted tip half of it into the mixture in your TM bowl.
- Mix for a further 10 seconds on reverse speed 3.
- Tip the mixture into your lines slice tin and press down until it is even spread and compact in the tin. Pop in the freezer.
- Add the chocolate to the the pot with the melted coconut oil and put it back on the low heat until it is all completely melted.
- Take your tray out the freezer and pour the melted chocolate over the top until everything is covered in a even layer.
- Pop it back into the freezer for 2 hours.
- Slice into squares and enjoy.
It’s best stored in the fridge after it’s set and if you want to use it for lunch box snack, then just replace the nuts with a little extra coconut and rice bubbles.