I saw this recipe last week on Maxabella Loves (who by the way, is one of my favourite bloggers to read) and it really caught my eye. It’s definitely my kind of muffin. I told her so and she challenged me to convert it for the thermomix. Of course, I had to. That was the easy bit as her recipes are so good and so easy to follow. The tricky bit was getting my kids to eat a muffin with fruit in it. Chocolate, coconut, no problemo, but fruit…………that’s a whole different ball game.
I used blueberries in mine as I didn’t have any fresh raspberries at home and they turned out to be absolutely delicious. I loved the fruit and chocolate combo and two out my three kids thought so too, so that’s a win right? I also made a double batch and put half of them in the freezer for lunch boxes. Mr D even took a couple to munch on the bus for brekkie this morning because he was running late.
So here is my thermomix conversion, and if you need Maxabella’s conventional recipe, here it is.
- 200g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 80g raw caster sugar
- 100g white chocolate chips
- 80g desiccated coconut
- 1 large free-range egg, beaten
- 150g sour cream
- 75g milk
- 80g butter
- 120g fresh or thawed frozen raspberries/blueberries (chopped in half)
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Add the caster sugar and butter to the TM bowl and mix for 20 seconds on speed 5. Scrape down the sides.
- Add the egg and mix for 20 seconds on speed 5. Scrape down the sides and mix again for 10 seconds on speed 6.
- Add the milk and sour cream and mix together for 10 seconds on speed 4. Scrape down the sides and mix again for 10 seconds on speed 8.
- Insert the butterfly.
- Add the coconut, flour and chocolate chips and mix together for 15 seconds on speed 1 until everything is combined.
- Add the fruit and mix together for 5 seconds on speed 1.
- Spoon the mixture into each muffin cup until they are almost full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Dust the top with icing sugar and enjoy 🙂
I hope I did your recipe justice Bron.
Are you a fan of baking with fruit?