After doing a little survey on my Facebook Page about what recipes my readers would love to see on here, there was an overwhelming response for just one thing………DINNERS!!
Having to cook dinners for the family every single night can be so boring, especially when you’re constantly trying to think of new things to cook. Kids get bored too and if they’re anything like mine they are not backwards about coming forwards about it.
I’ve also been in a bit of a ‘dinner rut’ recently, so I’ve decided to try and make one (or two if I’m feeling energetic) new recipes every week and I promise to share it with you.
Tonight we are having Chilli Con Carne and it’s really yummy (as well as super easy to make). It freezers well too.
- 1 red capsicum
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 sticks of celery
- 10g olive oil
- 500g mince
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp chilli powder/flakes (or fresh)
- 1 tin kidney beans
- 1 tin chick peas
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbs veggie stock paste
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 50g tomato paste
- black pepper
- Chop the onion and garlic for 5 seconds on speed 5.
- Add the oil and saute for 3 mins on 100 degrees, speed 1.
- Add the carrots, capsicum and celery and chop for 3 seconds on speed 5.
- Add the cumin, chilli flakes, cinnamon and black pepper and cook on reverse speed soft for 5 mins at 100 degrees.
- Add the kidney beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, chickpeas, balsamic vinegar and stock and mix on reverse speed 1 for 30 seconds.
- Add the mince and cook for 25 mins on reverse speed soft at 100 degrees.
- Serve with rice and a dollop of plain yoghurt.
If there are any recipes you’d like me to tackle, then just give me yell. I’m always up for a challenge.