I make these no bake granola bars as much for me as I do for the kids. I often pop one or two in a little zip lock bag in my handbag for me to eat when I’m out and about. They’re nice and healthy and stop me from buying something to snack on when I’m out. Luckily the kids love them too and have been quite happy to munch on them throughout the school holidays.
I’m going to be stocking up the freezer with them in preparation for the on set of ‘lunch box season’ once school gets underway in a couple of weeks. They literally take a couple of minutes to make and are just stored in the freezer until you need them. I usually wrap them up in individual bars, but you could also place a couple of squares inside a cupcake wrapper to fit neatly in a lunch box compartment too. Their chewy goodness is too good to resist.
- 200g oats
- 200g nut butter (almond, mixed nuts or peanut butter)
- 60g dried fruit (I used cranberries)
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- 100g rice malt syrup (or honey)
- 10g coconut oil (liquid)
- Place all the ingredients into the TM bowl and mix on reverse speed soft (the wooden spoon) for 1 minute.
- Mix again on reverse speed 1 for 30 seconds until all the ingredients are well combined. Press the mixture into a lined slice tray and pop it in the freezer.
- After about 30 minutes, take it out the freezer and cut into squares or bars.
- Wrap them individually and put them back into the freezer for storage.
- Take them out 10 minutes before you want to eat them or pop them straight into a lunch box in the morning and they will be perfect for morning tea.
I also have a recipe for a fabulous gluten and nut free museli bar, which is great for lunch boxes too.
Have you started stocking the freezer with lunch box goodies yet?