Easter came a little early to our house when I surprised my kids with these yummy chocolate Easter egg brownies in their school morning tea box last week. I think Hollie died and went to chocolatey heaven. “Mum! Where did you get those chocolate egg cakes??” She asked the second she saw me after the bell rang. “I made them”. “Wow, they were the best. Can you pack one for all of my friends tomorrow??”. I love how easy it is to please them sometimes.
I have to warn you that these brownies are not in any way shape or form ‘healthy’ but they do taste absolutely delicious. “A special sometimes treat’ as Miss Hollie rightly put it. Mr D ate a couple and told me that my baking has got better as I’ve got older. The jury is still out on whether that’s a compliment or an insult.
Of course you want the recipe, so here it is!
- 125g butter
- 150g raw sugar
- 125g milk chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 50g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 35g cocoa powder
- 2 bags mini easter eggs
- 2 tbs desiccated coconut
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Add the butter, sugar and chocolate to the bowl and melt together at 100 degrees on speed 3 for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the eggs and mix for 30 seconds on speed 4.
- Add the flour, baking powder and cocoa and mix again for 20 seconds on speed 4.
- Pour into a lined slice tray and put into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Take it out the oven and place all the little eggs on top of the brownie. Sprinkle over the coconut and then put it back into the oven for a further 10 minutes or so.
- Allow it to cool and then slice into squares.
- ENJOY x
Three weeks to go until Easter. How fast is this year flying by???