I was having a cup of tea and a biscuit the other day with my neighbour and I discovered that she has never ever made her own chocolate chip cookies. She didn’t believe me when I told her how simple they were, so I decided to blog my recipe just to prove it.
I make these cookies ALL THE TIME. They make a huge big batch, at least 40 cookies, take no time at all and are cheap as chips. They also freeze perfectly too.
Although I have used my thermomix to make mine, they are so simple that you really don’t need one at all. Any kind of electric beater will do the trick.
- 250g butter
- 50g sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 180g condensed milk
- 350g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150g dark choc chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 180.
- Add the butter, sugar and vanilla to the TM bowl and mix on speed 5 for 1 minute until light and fluffy.
- Add the condensed milk and mix for 30 seconds on speed 5.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix on speed 3-4 for another 1 minute.
- Add the choc chips and mix on reverse speed 3 for 30 seconds.
- Roll into balls and flatten with the palm of your hand or the back of a large spoon.
- Bake for approx 15 minutes or until golden brown.
So have you made your own choc chip cookies before or do you prefer to buy them?