I love these biscuits and I think I would even go as far as saying that I love them more than Anzacs (and I love Anzacs). I think the other reason I love them is because they are so simple and quick to make and they always go down well with the kids! I made this batch yesterday and they were all gone by dinner time! (I did have 5 kids in the house though).
- 150g chocolate chips or plain chocolate
- 80g dates
- 130g butter
- 120g raw sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 250g plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Put the dates and chocolate in the thermomix and whizz on speed 8 for 20 seconds until they have turned to fine crumbs. Set aside.
- Put the butter and sugar into the bowl and beat for 2 minutes on speed 4, until combined and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat for a further 20-30 seconds on speed 3.
- Slowly add the flour and mix on speed 3 until combined.
- Add the chocolate and date crumbs and knead for 1 minute on the closed lid setting. The dough will have a marble effect.
- Roll into little balls and put them on a lined baking tray. Squash each one with a fork.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden in colour. Allow to cool before eating.
Happy Friday! Will you be baking this weekend?