Cauliflower Cheese is one of our favourite week night dinner. I’ve been making it for the kids since they were babies and thankfully they love it. There is something comforting about it, just like a good old fashioned mac and cheese.
We often eat soups too and I was getting bored with the same old, same old recipes so decided to try something different and make a cauliflower cheese soup. Mr D thought I was totally mad and that it was sure to taste disgusting.
Miraculously it did not! I think I even surprised myself. It was delicious and you so have to give it a try.
Here is the recipe.
- 200g cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 sticks of celery
- 400g cauliflower
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs vegetable stock
- 1 tsp mustard
- 600g water
- 4-6 slices of bacon (optional)
- Add the cheese to the thermomix and grate on speed 5 for 10 seconds. Set it aside in a separate bowl.
- Chop the onion on speed 6 for 4 seconds.
- Add the olive oil and saute for 3 mins on varoma speed 1.
- Add the carrot and celery and roughly chop on speed 5 for 3-4 seconds.
- Add the cauliflower and hit the turbo button 2 to 3 times.
- Cook on speed 1 for 8 minutes on 100 degrees.
- Add the stock and water and cook for a further 20 minutes on 100 degrees speed 1.
- Add the cheese and mustard and whizz on speed 9 for 1 minute.
- Fry and chop the bacon into pieces and serve on top with some warm bread.
Have you experimented with different flavours and turned them into different dishes?