I have to warn you, these brownies are sooo good but sadly sooo bad for your waistline. If you are on a diet, look away now.
Miss H is having a new school friend over for a play date tomorrow and she is so excited she’s been counting down the sleeps all week. I promised I’d make her something yummy today for their afternoon tea.
“What you would like me to make?” I asked her. “Nothing yucky! and not those ‘good for you raison and nut things’. I hate them!” She means my muesli bars, which I think I actually very yummy. “Ok, how about something chocolate?” I asked, “YES!!” she said, with a huge grin on her face.
I decide to go with a full fat, full chocolate, full of naughty brownie because I’m the best mum ever!!! That will surely earn me at least two love hearts (hand drawn of course).
I’ve added some smarties to these brownies to make them fun, but you could always substitute with nuts if you wanted to be slightly more healthy (walnuts would be great).
Here is the thermomix recipe for these super delicious, best ever chocolate brownies.
- 125g Butter
- 150g Raw sugar
- 125g milk chocolate (freddo frogs will do just fine)
- 230g smarties
- 3 eggs
- 50g plain flour
- 35g cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Weigh 200g smarties and crush them on speed 5-6 for 5 seconds (repeat if you need to). Set aside.
- Put the butter, sugar and chocolate into the thermomix and melt together at 100 degrees for 4 minutes on speed 1.
- Add the eggs and beat on speed 4 for 30 seconds.
- Add the four, baking powder and cocoa and mix together for 20 seconds on speed 4.
- Add the smarties and mix together on reverse speed 2 for 20 seconds.
- Pour into a lined baking/slice tray.
- Add the extra smarties on the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until they are firm and a few crumbs still stick to a knife when inserted.
- Serve on their own or with vanilla ice-cream.
- Enjoy x
If you’d rather have a healthier treat I do have a recipe for an amazing (almost) sugar free brownie which I promise won’t disappoint. You can find it here.
Do you make special treats when your kids have a friend over for a play date?