20g stevia (or a sugar free equivalent)
1 tsp vanilla extract
280g plain flour
100g desiccated coconut
170g coconut cream (I used the light version)
Optional topping (This part is NOT sugar free)
3-4 tbs icing sugar
grated lemon rind
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a loaf tin with grease proof paper.
- Cream the butter and stevia together in the thermomix (or food processor) for 1 to 2 minutes on speed 6. You will need to stop it and scrape down the sides every 20 seconds.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix for 10-15 seconds on speed 5 for each one. On the last egg, add the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and the desiccated coconut and mix for 1 minute on speed 4. It should turn to a sticky dough consistency.
- Add the coconut cream and mix for 45 seconds on speed 5.
- Pour into the lined loaf tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until it is slightly browned (and cracked) on top, and a knife comes out clean when poked into the middle.
Adding the glaze will make the cake taste even yummier, but it does mean that it’s no longer totally sugar free. To make it, put the icing sugar into a bowl and then squeeze half a lemon into it and mix it into a paste. Slowly add the coconut cream until you have your desired consistency. I like mine really runny. Once the cake is cooled, pour the glaze over the top and then add some desiccated coconut and grated lemon rind to make it look pretty.
|She certainly loved it.|